Dilli

I walk around to fall in love
with you, again.

You, my first adventure, my first thrill
I walk around to center myself in you 
again.

I've cried in your ruins, buried my tears with the
graves of the Greats, resting in your arms.

I've taken slivers of peace from your mindless bustling
when everything and everyone else moved mannerlessly.
I've given my all to you, my body walks in accordance
with your thrumming heartbeat.

To live and breathe your life, I forget my own.
I come back again to remember you, to remember us.

I love you, for every building that rises and falls,
and everyone that crumbles underneath the bags of cement and broken walls of memories.

I remember in my younger days when the night wasn't kind to me;
when you were quieter and I could see ahead of me.

I have loved you when I was home, I will love you when I'm away.
I will love you differently, every time.

I left me in pain to you, expecting magic in your forgetfulness.
You don't even know who I am, and yet it is you who sees me in places no one can.

How do I begin to write about what you mean to me?
How do I tell you, that I have never loved anyone more than I have loved you?

I wait to lose myself into you again, 
I wait under your smoke, your sun, and your disappointments.

I am no one to you.
My secrets stay safe with you. 

The streets scare me somedays, and somedays they love me more than I can give back.
I could fall into you every day, every night, waiting.

Waiting to be a no one,
in your arms again.

----------------------------------------------------------xxx------------------------------------------------------------


I've made a departure from the usual style of writing in my blog today. This may or may not be poetry, and I say this

 mostly because I don't really know how poetry can fit into one specific framework.

I wrote this today because, on days when I have a lot on my mind, I tend to go out for a walk alone. I'm quite habituated to being alone and I've grown to become very comfortable in that space of just me and my surroundings. The city I live in is... one of the biggest treasures of my life.
I am deeply in love with the ever-changing landscape it has. There's so much of the city I still haven't explored, haven't learned the history of, and haven't met people who live in different parts of the city than I.
Whenever I think of the city and its vastness, I think of biting into a full fresh apple. It's a satisfying feeling, knowing that I will never be bored with this place and I'll always have countless new experiences to sink my teeth into. I find the most dangerous, unpredictable and unpleasant situations in this city but it is this city that I come back to for comfort. I wouldn't be me without it and I don't want to forget what the city has been to me, ever.

I don't think I have the skill set to talk about how much I love this city.
All I can say is;

दिल्ली, सौ बार.


- Shreeparna 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts