Running for my old Reeboks again

Background: I've owned just one pair of legit branded Reebok shoes in my entire life which my father got me, on an impulse buy. Here's why I choose to tell you this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ran today for the first time, long after I'd hung up the new shoes.

I ran today, for the old Reeboks again.

I ran for the 6,000 rs worth of cash blowout that it was in the 90's.

I ran today, for the old Reeboks again.

I ran because that's the only thing that made sense to me amongst all the missing pieces that don't lace up together now.

I ran today, for the old Reeboks again,

I ran today and I cried because of the Reeboks that were a splurge, that you weren't hesitant about at all.

I ran today, for the old Reeboks again.

I ran for sheer happiness of getting something I wanted on a whim and your wallet was made sacrificial lamb.

I ran today, for the old Reeboks again.


I ran because now I'll make more money to blow and I may buy me a Reebok too but they'll never be those shoes that went with every outfit.

I ran today, for our old Reeboks again.


I ran today for the 6 years I wore those Reeboks,
the 6,000 you spent in a blink for them,
and the six times you told me on our way back from the mall that it was alright for a one-time thing and I needn't feel guilty.

The Reeboks have gone now, thrown somewhere under the almirah, gathering dust.

But I ran today, for our old memories again.
I ran today, for our Reeboks again.





- Shreeparna

Comments

Popular Posts